Some people may think Hawaii is overrated. We think it’s home to magic; a place where you can find everything from rainbow trees to fiery water to beaches made of sea glass.
The below 21 spots, after all, prove one thing: the Aloha state has a lot more to offer than just white sand beaches and tropical drinks. With an environment as diverse as its people, the small state packs a heavy punch in the magic department.
1. Bamboo Forest, Haleakala National Park, Maui
2. The sea caves along the Na Pali Coast, Kauai
Specifically: Waiahuakua sea cave, Hoʻolulu sea cave and Open Ceiling cave
3. The Queen’s Bath, Kauai
4. The sea cliffs of Molokai
5. Glass Beach, Kauai
6. Honokohau Falls, Maui
7. The Road to Hana, Maui
8. Anywhere with Rainbow Eucalyptus Trees
9. Or Banyan Trees
10. Waimea Canyon, Kauai
11. Haiku Stairs, Oahu
Also known as the illegal “Stairway to Heaven” hike.
12. Sweetheart Rock, Lanai
13. Annual lantern floating memorial ceremony, Ala Moana Beach, Oahu
14. The Seven Sacred Pools, Maui
15. Kilauea Volcano, Big Island
Where lava meets water:
16. The Na Pali Coast, Kauai
17. The “Heart” near Nakalele Blowhole, Maui
18. The top of Mauna Kea, Big Island
19. Wailua Falls, Maui
20. Thurston Lava Tube, Big Island
21. Banzai Pipeline, Oahu
Meet more of our favorite places.
When you plan travel with Vacationisms, you're shopping small and supporting a privately owned business based in Goffstown, NH.
We're owned by a husband and wife power duo living locally with their two-nager. Yes, two-nager. When you plan your travel with us, you aren't only supporting our amazing team, you're supporting the community, too. We reinvest heavily in our community in social advocacy, youth development and athletic programs, and we too shop small. We believe that our community is important and we appreciate your business to allow us to continue.